Straight Sections, Bends & Twists
- Series: 10 / 120 / 130 / 150 Series
- Category: Rectangular Waveguide
M.E.C.’s rectangular waveguide straight sections are useful for field and laboratory applications where low VSWR and insertion loss are required and can be supplied in lengths of up to 12 feet. The waveguide conforms to MIL-W-85. Bends and twists may be used alone or in combination for systems packaging. Straights, bends, and twists are normally supplied with UG cover flanges. However, choke, CPR, CMR, and other flanges are available upon request. The VSWR of standard waveguide models is typically 1.03:1, with a maximum of 1.05:1 over the full waveguide band. Units are available in aluminum or copper. Aluminum units receive chromate conversion finishing per MIL-C-5541, Class 3, while copper units receive corrosion-resistant coatings. All units are coated in gray enamel paint on external, non-mating surfaces.
- Low VSWR
- Low Insertion Loss
- Precision Fabrication
Order and Sales Information
(1) For 10 Series STRAIGHT SECTIONS, add suffixes to model number as follows:
- LENGTH: Specify face-to-face length in inches.
- MATERIAL: “A” for Aluminum; “C” for Copper
- FLANGES: “1” for Cover; “2” for Choke; “3” for CMR; “4” for CPRF; “5” for CPRG; “6” for U/G Gasket, no choke tapped holes; “7” for Cover, all tapped U/G; and “8” for Gasket, all clear U/G.
(2) For Series 120/130 BENDS and Series 150 TWISTS, add suffixes to model numbers as follows:
- ANGLE: Suffix desired angle in degrees if other than 90°.
- MATERIAL: “A” for Aluminum; “C” for Copper.
- FLANGES: Cover flanges are standard. For others, specify as above.
(3) Coin silver available above 18 GHz on request.
(4) Heavy Wall and Extra Heavy Wall small radius copper bends also available: e.g. WR90 H Bend with “A” dimension = 1.50” and wall thickness = 0.200”.
(5) Mitered Bends are available to provide even shorter “A” dimensions: e.g. X120-M and X130- M have leg lengths of only 1.0”. Specify “M” for mitered bends.
(6) Other sizes, configurations and combinations available on request. All customer designs are welcome.