M.E.C.’s double-ridge waveguide terminations cover the full frequency band with low VSWR in seven models of increasing power capability:
- (L) Low Power: Has lowest VSWR for precision laboratory measurement needs.
- (LS) Low Power with Sliding Load Element: Adjustable for over more than half a guide wavelength at the lowest frequency. Optional scale or vernier may be provided.
- (M) Medium Power: Higher power than standard laboratory equipment but not high enough to require external fins.
- (X) High Power: Finned for passive cooling.
- (E) Extra High Power: More finned for passive cooling and or auxiliary forced-air cooling in customer’s installation.
- (F) Fan-Cooled (Power >1 KW): Provided with an integral air fan for forced-air cooling and a cord or connector for AC or DC power.
- (WJ) Water or Liquid Cooled: Built-in coolant jacket cools the internal RF absorber.
- (W) True Water or Liquid Load: Water or coolant itself is the actual absorber of input RF power.
Liquid cooled models (W) & (WJ) operate at typical inlet coolant pressure of 10 PSIG, flow rate of 0.5 gallon per minute for every 1 kW of CW or average input RF power and inlet coolant temperature of 10 to +65°C. Coolants may be ordinary tap water, ethylene Glycol/water mixture, PAO etc.
Standard flanges are cover type with alternate tapped and clearance holes, MEC-C1 Series. Other flanges may be requested. Finish is chromate conversion per MIL-C-5541, Class 3. Paint is epoxy enamel; color is gray for the (L) & (LS) series and black for all others.
A power sampler can be incorporated in any of the terminations. Sampling levels range from 30 to 50 dB with a typical flatness of ±0.5 dB over an octave band.