- Series: R600 Series / R620 Series
- Category: Double-Ridge Couplers
M.E.C.’s R600 and R620 Series ultra-flat directional couplers are compact, in-line devices with extremely flat coupling over octave bands or up to the full waveguide range. Coupling falls off sharply above the fundamental frequency band, making these units more suited to power sampling in systems where harmonic energy is non-negligible, such as in wideband TWT outputs. By discriminating against harmonic power, these units result in greater sampling accuracy compared to cross-guides and other coupler types.
M.E.C. can finely tailor the coupling response to yield optimal flatness, directivity, unit-to-unit tracking, or even exhibit a tilt across the band, making these versatile couplers useful for system and laboratory applications.
Standard flanges are cover with tapped holes. Material is aluminum. Finish is chromate conversion per MIL-C-5541, Class 3 and paint is gray epoxy enamel.
- Superior Tracking
- Out-of-Band Rejection
- Super-Flat Coupling
|Bandwidth:||Octave Band Standard||Directivity:||15 dB min., center of Octave Band|
|>Octave Band Optional||VSWR:||Main Line 1.06:1 typical|
|Coupling:||30 to 50 dB||Coaxial Secondary 1.4:1 typical|
|Coupling Mean:||±0.5 dB||Insertion Loss||0.1 dB max.|
|Flatness:||±0.4 dB max., ±0.2.dB Optional||Models:||Single Coupling R600 Series; Dual Coupling R620 Series|
|Tracking:||±0.4 dB max.||Flange:||Cover all tapped standard|
* R605, R625 only available with 1.7 mm or “K” coax. couple output.
Order and Sales Information
(1) Add the following suffixes to the model number to specify coupling level, connector and, frequency range:
- COUPLING LEVEL: Specify coupling desired between 30 & 50 dB
- COAXIAL OUTPUT:
- “-N” for type N female (coax. up to 18 GHz)
- “17” for 1.7 mm female coax.
- “-3” for 3 mm female coax.
- “-K” for “K” connector
- FREQUENCY: Specify frequency band numerically in GHz
(2) Pressurizable units up to 30 PSIG available.
(3) Other flanges, connectors, shorter lengths, and coupling directions are available upon request. All customer designs are welcome.